Who We Are
For more than 40 years, Luther Manor
has been serving seniors and their families. An initial gift in 1957 led to the founding of the United Lutheran Program for the Aging, Inc. Several years later, the Association of Southeastern Wisconsin Lutheran Congregations created Luther Manor, located in the quiet Milwaukee suburb of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Today, Luther Manor is an outstanding community of housing and health care options for seniors. Luther Manor is an accredited Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC)
- Serving more than 800 residents on a 29-acre campus in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- More than 600 full-time and part-time employees
- More than 400 adult and teen volunteers providing more than 60,000 hours of volunteer service annually
- 75 corporately-affiliated Lutheran congregations from the Greater Milwaukee area
- 18-member Board of Directors, elected to 3-year terms
Guided by our Christian heritage and shared values, we consistently strive to exceed the expectations of those we serve. We respond to changing needs by providing a network of information and services to our constituents and to the older adults in our community. We are open and receptive to collaborative efforts with other organizations and encourage others to share our mission. We are recognized for excellence in providing housing and services for older adults in the Greater Milwaukee area.
The philosophy of Luther Manor is to fulfill our mission and vision by collaborating with clients, their families (advocates), friends and staff to ensure that actual and perceived needs are assessed and addressed in ways that:
- Affirm and Nurture the spirituality of each person
- Retain client participation in decision-making
- Promote and Foster independence and personal autonomy
- Maintain a service-rich environment of caring among clients, families, volunteers and staff
- Utilize Luther Manor programs and services, as well as those of the broader community
Luther Manor is a ministry of the United Lutheran Program for the Aging (ULPA), a nonprofit association of more than 75 Lutheran congregations in the Greater Milwaukee area. ULPA is dedicated to serving older adults of all faiths. Nearly one-half of those served by Luther Manor are from other religious denominations.