The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities is a national organization dedicated to achieving a vision of a healthy society and strong communities for all children, adults, and families.
The Alliance works for transformational change by representing and supporting its network
of hundreds of nonprofit human-serving organizations across North America as they translate knowledge into best practices that improve their communities.
In carrying out its mission, the Alliance helps its members master the Commitments of High-Impact Nonprofit Organizations
. The Alliance developed this set of Commitments to serve as a blueprint for achieving meaningful, lasting-results in nonprofit-human-serving organizations.
Leverage for Impact
The Alliance serves more than 450 member organizations
, representing a significant force in the nonprofit human services sector.
Collectively, Alliance members:
- Serve more than 4.6 million clients annually
- Operate with a combined $6.3 billion budget
- Employ approximately 138,300 full-time employees
- Operate in 2,200 locations
- Are governed by more than 8,600 board members
- Benefit from the goodwill of roughly 200,000 volunteers
- Receive generous support from approximately 296,000 individual donors
The Alliance also bolsters its impact by leveraging the unique strengths
of its community development financial institution, which currently operates the Ways to Work
poverty-reduction program and its social enterprise FEI Behavioral Health
, which provides organizations with flexible solutions for the full spectrum of workforce resilience goals.