About Allay Home and Hospice:
Allay Home and Hospice is committed to taking care of patients and families like we would take care of our own families. Allay is locally owned and has been serving Southeastern Wisconsin since 2007.
Home Care is a short term Medicare benefit designed to keep patients at home while addressing health issues such as newly diagnosed disease processes, wound care, post operative recovery, chronic illness, decline in mobility or adapting to a change in health status with the goal of returning the patient to optimum functionality. Home Care can be offered in many settings, including Assisted Living Facilities and Senior Apartments.
Some of the conditions Home Care can be used to address include:
- Nursing care for after surgery / wound care
- Therapies for patients with a fall risk / mobility challenges
- Implementing fall prevention and home safety program
- Post rehab care for strengthening, conditioning and transitioning to living environment
- Providing support, education and training for patient and caregiver on disease or symptom management including medications, treatments and assistive devices
- Chronic disease management, including diabetes, COPD, CHF
- Physical and occupational therapies to assist patients with functioning safely in their own homes
Hospice is not a place, it is a commitment to caring for those who have a terminal illness, who are no longer seeking aggressive treatment or a medical cure. The hospice approach to care focuses on palliation and symptom management as opposed to curative care. Hospice can either be provided in the comfort of your own home, a skilled facility, assisted living center, hospital or CBRF. Even when medicine cannot provide a cure hospice can offer you and your family comfort, compassion and assistance that can help maintain a better quality of life.