Tuesday, June 25, 2013
7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
3501 South Lake Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53235
What is the Career TOOLS Conference?
It’s an all day, all-volunteer event open to the public featuring free educational sessions, coaching, interactive workshops and networking opportunities for unemployed and underemployed job seekers to empower and/or revitalize their job search.
Attendees will learn from industry leaders as they share their expertise on a variety of topics including:
- Job readiness and attitudes that impact the job search
- Resume building
- Networking strategies
- Use of social media and LinkedIn
- Interview tips and strategies
- Job opportunities and apprenticeships in the trades
- Use of ONET
- How to read job postings and the value of keywords
- Job search strategies
- Body language that builds rapport
- Managing stress during job search
- Goal setting and time management
- Financial management (budgets, social security, drawing on savings)
- Plus...small group coaching sessions
- One-on-one image consults, resume reviews, and interview practice
- And more!
Who should attend?
A wide range of educational sessions and interactive workshops are ideal for young adults (age 19+), mature workers, underemployed, long-time unemployed, individuals who have recently lost their jobs, and for persons who face barriers to employment.
Additionally, agencies who assist unemployed job seekers in their job search are welcome to send representatives to learn the most current trends in job search strategies and techniques. Please select a GUEST admission ticket if this category best represents you.
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee and Catholic Charities serve the ten counties of Southeast Wisconsin including: Dodge, Fond du Lac, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington, and Waukesha.
What does the acronym “TOOLS” represent?
Transform your job search
One-on-one resume review
One-on-one interview practice
Learn from experts
Strengthen your network For more information, contact: Eventbrite