Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
From 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Marquette University Alumni Memorial Union, Room 227
1442 W. Wisconsin Avenue Click here to Register
Independent charter schools are public schools that have the ability to hire and manage their own employees outside of the school district. These schools must have an open lottery enrollment process and accept students of all backgrounds and abilities. Independent charter schools, as a whole, have been successful at closing the achievement gap and are seeking new talent to help continue and improve upon this success.
Ten independent charter schools will participate and are eager to meet high-quality candidates for teaching and other instructional and administrative positions. Participating schools include:
- Milwaukee College Prep
- Business and Economics Academy of Milwaukee
- Carmen High School of Science and Technology
- Milwaukee Collegiate Academy
- Milwaukee Academy of Science
- Milwaukee Scholars
- Rocketship Education
- Milwaukee Environmental Sciences
- Next Door Charter School
Tips for attendees:
- Interested candidates may attend at any time during the fair.
- Please bring multiple copies of your resume or portfolio, with an emphasis on past achievements and results.
- Please bring a list of 3 or more references.
This event is hosted by the Milwaukee Charter School Advocates. The mission of the Advocates is to provide strategies and resources to expand and replicate high-performing independent charter schools in Milwaukee, and to overcome or curtail the obstacles that inhibit their growth. For more information, contact:
Organization – Milwaukee Charter School Advocates
Phone number: (414) 763-1261
Address: 700 W Virginia St, Suite 602 Milwaukee WI 53204
Register: Click here to Register