|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||CNC Programming & Setup Lead|
|Job Location(s):||Milwaukee, WI|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Hours per Week:||40|
|Work Hours (i.e. shift):||1st|
|Starting Salary Range:||$20-$28/hour|
|Salary/Benefit Notes:||Comes with comprehensive benefits package including Health, Life, Retirement & Disability.|
|Required Experience:||2 to 20+ years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Skilled Trades - Machinist, Production - Metal/Plastic Workers|
|Position Title||CNC Programming & Setup Lead||Full/Part Time||Full Time|
|Reports To||Machine Shop Manager|
|Direct Reports||Machine Operators|
|FLSA Status||Hourly – non exempt|
|As lead person / setup Technician - Job responsibilities include that procedures are followed and quality standards are met at all times. Machine setups are documented and performed in a timely manor. All necessary forms are maintained. Department labor is entered and verified. Machine shop Manager is notified of any safety, or operator performance issues, identified cost savings through process improvements.|
|Essential Job Functions|
· Function 1 Program CNC operation based on customer prints to ensure quality and efficiency in the production process.
· Function 2 Set-up production equipment with main focus on CNC equipment.
· Function 3 Perform regular quality checks throughout processes.
· Function 4 Train Machine Shop personnel on machine operation.
· Function 5 Set for production at least 3 cnc machines for first shift. (daily)
· Function 6 Train operators on job requirements before production.
· Function 1 Document inspection readings on Inspection logs.
· Function 2 Instruct operators on gauging techniques and requirements for job.
· Function 3 Generate and Maintain setup sheets and Operator Work Instructions as needed.
· Function 1 Do daily labor ticket entry
· Function 2 Transfer finished goods to inventory.
· Function 3 Approve weekly labor and make necessary adjustments.
|5%||· Function 1 Responsible for housekeeping. (Duties to be shared among Operators).|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
· Knowledge: General machine shop practices.
· Knowledge: Job quoting practices
· Blueprint Reading: Ability to read and understand blueprints and machine shop math.
· Machine Setup: Skill at setting up various machines for production runs.
· Functional and Technical Skills: Minimum three years maching shop experience required; working familiarity with MS Office Products required
· Excellent communications skills required, including active listening and effective speaking
· Managing Diversity: Proven ability to work with a variety of people, based not only on legally- protected classifications but also differences in communication styles, learning styles and other differences
· Motivating Others: Demonstrated skill in contributing to a motivating work environment
· Ethics and Values: Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest ethical standards in the work environment
· Integrity and Trust: Demonstrated skill in earning and keeping co-worker and direct reports’ trust
|High School Diploma or GED required, some post-secondary education preferred.|
|The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.|