The Consumer Marketing Manager develops, implements, and manages consumer advertising and promotional campaigns across TDS markets, including creative and Web direction and approval, scheduling, field/sales communication, list management, and campaign analysis to identify future revenue opportunities and retention. This position also leads our Web/Social media marketing strategy ( including email, mobile, Pay Per Click marketing campaigns). Responsibility for program management, competitive marketing strategy, and reporting duties mean the Manager ' Consumer Marketing must gain a thorough understanding of market area including customer base segmentation, revenue opportunities and risks, product availability, and competitive threats. Job Responsibilities
- Manage acquisition marketing strategies to achieve growth targets (line goals, revenue goals, and profitability). Create and implement formal marketing plans to ensure profitability of all consumer products, which include bundles, DSL, Dialup Internet, Dish, and other products and services.
- Plan, schedule, and budget marketing activities to meet goals. Determine media markets, specific customer base to target for each campaign, marketing budgets, and timelines. Work with Product Management to identify product life cycles.
- Test marketing pieces and analyze campaign results and regional sales goals, then adjust tactics to achieve required revenue goals.
- Provide marketing support to sales and distribution channels, including sales/advisor campaign training/coaching. Utilize feedback to modify marketing activities and/or promotions.
- Schedule and manage creation of marketing communications materials including direct mail, brochures, press releases, mass media (print ads, radio, billboards), and Internet advertising. Oversee writing, design, and production of campaign marketing materials.
- Responsible for the implementation of all product rollouts for consumer products, including participation in project team, developing marketing plan/strategy, and determining, scheduling, and overseeing creative work.
- Gain awareness of market dynamics through visits, online research, etc.
- Actively involved in trouble-shooting marketing-related issues impacting sales.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) OR 4+ years professional work experience.
- 5+ years marketing, sales or customer operations experience.
- 3+ years competitive market experience in advertising, pricing and promotions.
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM and web/business analytics
- Experience with email marketing and testing
- Understanding and execution of social media best practices
- Experience running successful direct marketing campaigns (including direct mail and mass media)
- Broad working knowledge of pricing and/or promotional analysis and statistical reporting
- Ability to analyze sales and marketing initiatives for success, profitability, retention, and customer satisfaction
- Well-developed conceptual thinking skills including good intuition and the ability to make educated decisions based on customer needs
- Successful experience in project management, product management, and/or process administration
- Knowledge/background in the voice and data communications industry, its technology and applications, and customer base preferred, with capacity to learn quickly
- Familiarity with inbound and outbound telephone sales
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work with employees at all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience using PC applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, and database software
- Extensive customer interaction skills and experience
- Must have a genuine desire for customer satisfaction
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.Insurance:
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Eligible ImmediatelyPaid Time Off:
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and HolidaysInvestments:
401K Eligible Immediately, Pension, and Flexible Spending AccountsAdditional Benefits:
Education Assistance, Telephone and Internet Concessions
Employment at TDS is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EEO/AAP Employer.