The Pewaukee School District is seeking a highly personable and skilled Administrative Assistant to carry out a variety of clerical tasks in a high paced high school work environment. This position will work in our high school with a population of 750 students.
This is a long term temporary position of unknown duration at this time. This position works full-time year round (40 hours per week) This is an immediate opening. Health and dental benefits are available for this position.
General purpose of job
Perform a wide variety of general secretarial duties that support the School Principal and/or Associate Principal and provide service to staff, students, parents and the public.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of successful secretarial/office experience, or such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with both students and adults.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently prioritize tasks.
· Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs and data entry programs and other clerical skills such as filing, processing paperwork and preparing correspondence.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality relating to all business, personnel, and school district matters.
Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
1. Compose/transcribe, from rough draft, correspondence, reports, weekly bulletins, memorandums.
2. Answer phones to provide information, transfer calls and take messages.
3. Greet and direct visitors to destination within school.
4. Maintain calendar of school events.
5. Sort and route incoming mail.
6. Make appointments/arrangements for meetings, conferences or other business as directed by principal.
7. Complete and review forms required by DPI and federal educational agencies.
8. Translate and organize information into a format that can be used/analyzed by principal (i.e. summarize questionnaires, gather extract and compile and display student performance data).
9. Collect data regarding full-time equivalency and class size.
10. Order office supplies for staff.
11. Request disbursements and record receipts to/from student organization funds. Review balances and provide reports to student organization advisors.
12. Insure monies collected by school office are maintained according to District procedure.
13. Enter and maintain requisitions.
14. Maintain accurate accounting records of petty cash funds, office expenditures; complete appropriate monthly reports.
15. Other duties as assigned.