PR/Event and Space Specialist – Full Time Position May 28, 2014
Mount Mary University is currently seeking an individual to contribute to the realization of our mission through the role of PR/Event and Space Specialist. The PR/Event and Space Specialist facilitates the scheduling and booking of all non-academic space
usage requests from both internal (i.e. administrative, departmental) and external customers for on-campus events. In addition, this position will provide PR and Administrative support for the Office of University Communications.
- Event and Space Coordination
- Respond to inquiries regarding room reservations, and event set ups using appropriate avenues of communication (verbal one on one, email, phone, 2 way radio) Work to maximize income by renting Campus facilities to outside users; generate and manage all necessary contracts, liabilities release forms and collect all fees charged for said rentals.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate all communications/set up needs, with client and suppliers (internal and external) for each individual event ensuring continuity for the client and total confidence in the management of the event.
- Enter event data into University calendar/web/scheduling tool; prioritize events and resolve room utilization conflicts. Update any event schedule amendments and inform each department accordingly.
- Work directly with food service staff to coordinate set up, clean up and scheduling needs
- Engage with Campus Security/Facilities to coordinate lock/unlock schedules, room set up, tear down
- Initiate Technology Services request to communicate guests’ needs and ensure consistent practices for day of event
- Provide hospitality services day of event, act as a main point of contact for our conference clients throughout their stay and coordinate with all impacted departments to ensure rental space meets guests’ specifications. Mediate between and resolve any conflicts.
- Create and distribute weekly/monthly calendars to pertinent departments via e-mail for use by administrative, faculty, staff, and students. Provide switchboard staff with hard copy of same.
- Schedule and conduct tours of rental facilities. Create diagrams for set ups and conduct regular walk thru of buildings/rooms to identify issues.
- Periodically review electronic (web) and printed brochure which describes the facilities available for rental and the fees based on set-up and time of usage.
- Maintain and update the “policy statement for rental of Mount Mary University facilities” which explains the policies of the University relative to the use of facilities by outside groups.
- Public Relations
- Assist in the development and writing of news worthy press releases for University events
- Schedule photography services for University executive photos, significant events and maintain files.
- Interview and write biographies, backgrounders for new employees
- Assist the Senior Manager of Media Relations in identifying stories to help promote various University events to both internal and external audiences.
- Assist in creating and managing shareable event content for the University’s social media profiles, including email, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, etc.
- Assist in writing and editing blogs, magazine content, web content, internal communications (events), daily announcements, etc.
- Perform administrative duties in support of the Office of University Communications
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Highly customer focused
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong and broad computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Desktop publishing, Adobe Creative a plus.
Ability to operate handheld video and camera equipment proficiently
Excellent organization and time management skill.
Creative problem solving a must
Ability to work independently and in teams
Must be able to freely move throughout the facility and grounds, including the ability to walk frequently, stand, stoop and bend
Prefer Bachelor of Arts Degree in related area of study (Communications, PR, Marketing) with a strong liberal arts background; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides necessary knowledge, skill and abilities.
The PR/Event and Space Specialist works with a wide variety of people: faculty, administrative staff and support staff and well as with students and the general public. This job is often fast-paced with frequent interruptions, and requires a great deal of customer contact both in person and by phone, e-mail, or fax.
Mount Mary University
practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace. For confidential consideration please send cover letter, resume, and names of three professional references to
Mount Mary University
2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway
Milwaukee, WI 53222-4597