Mount Mary University has created the new position of International Student Admissions Counselor in support of its mission, strategic plan and commitment to creating a rich and diverse learning community. The International Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting and enrolling 15 full-time international undergraduate students to the University on an annual basis. Mount Mary University’s strategic plan projects growth of its undergraduate international student population to 60 students by fall 2018. The counselor will facilitate the development and implementation of the University’s international student recruitment plan. This includes the development of marketing strategies that will cultivate the desired recruitment networks for the University. The successful candidate will also have excellent customer service skills, be attentive to detail, and be experienced in managing students’ data in an enterprise software system. This position reports to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Development of international recruitment networks including current students, alumnae, School Sisters of Notre Dame, regional high school and ESL partnerships and selected agency relationships.
- Recruit 15 full-time undergraduate international students to the University on an annual basis.
- Develop and execute an annual recruitment and marketing plan including the development of web, print, and media strategies in coordination with the Director of Admissions and Director of Recruitment Marketing.
- Conduct domestic and international travel related to recruitment. Travel is required and could be up to a maximum of 12 weeks each year.
- Manage the recruitment of prospective international students and assist them through the application, financial aid and matriculation processes.
- Oversee the University’s relationships with NACES organizations for the evaluation of international credentials. Regional partnerships include World Education Services (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
- Provide basic advising on the F1 Visa process and facilitate the completion of all file documents related to the University’s issuance of an I-20.
- Collaborate with the Registrar, Director of International Studies, and Student Engagement Staff in the development of orientation and other support programming for international students.
- Coordinate quarterly meetings with the International Student Recruitment Advisory Committee (ISRAC) to review recruitment strategies and report on short-term and long-term progress toward enrollment goals.
- Participate in professional development activities including training, conference attendance and mentorship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- At least 3 years of professional experience required, experience in international student recruitment and/or advising preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience in creating and maintaining successful networking relationships
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Cross-cultural experience required, travel or study abroad experience preferred
- Foreign language experience preferred