Mount Mary University is currently seeking individuals to contribute to the realization of our mission through the role of part-time, Information Technology Technician. The IT Technicians will report to the Director of Information Technology, and will be responsible for managing, installing, maintaining, configuring and documenting personal computers, application software and peripheral equipment at Mount Mary University. These part-time positions will have flexible days and shifts available Monday through Friday.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Installation, maintenance, administration and documentation of all IT hardware and software.
- Assist users experiencing problems with hardware, software, printers, networking, smartphones, and other computer-related technologies.
- Provide support for computer hardware and software.
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent paperwork and records relating to support activities.
- Consult with other IT personnel as necessary to diagnose and resolve devise or application issues
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology
- A thorough understanding of the installation and performance of Windows desktop operating systems, and desktop software like Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project and Internet Explorer in a networked environment. Ability to install and troubleshoot network application software.
- Effective, customer service focused communication skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple demands in an organized way and develop priorities.
- Accurate decision-making especially in stressful situations
- Good problem-solving skills
Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred;
proven expertise in PC hardware and software; e
xperience in higher education or an enterprise environment is preferred. Qualified candidates must exhibit:
- Effective and positive communication
- Solid independent and collaborative work ethics
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Responsibility, dependability and punctuality
Mount Mary University practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace.