Mount Mary University is currently looking for an individual to contribute to the realization of our mission through the role of full-time Housekeeper. The housekeeper position duties include keeping building facilities in clean and orderly condition. The housekeeper position maintains the cleanliness and appearance of offices, restrooms, guestrooms, common areas, halls, entrances, etc. using appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Vacuum, dust, clean and sweep assigned areas.
- Dry and or wet mop floors.
- Empty waste and recycle receptacles.
- Clean sinks, stalls and floors in restrooms.
- Replace hand towels, soap, toilet tissue and feminine products in restrooms.
- Wipe down water fountains.
- Assist with guest rooms, and dorms when needed.
- Wash interior surfaces such as walls, windows, doors, ect.
- Launder rags, rugs and or linens.
- Perform other cleaning duties of similar nature as directed.
This is a full time, hourly position with benefits. The hourly wage range is $8.45- $8.89.
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, institutional cleaning methods and the utilization of cleaning equipment desired. Must be able to walk long distances, stand for extended periods of time, bend, twist and climb stairs as related to assigned tasks. Must be able to work independently, be observant and take initiative.
Mount Mary University
practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace. For confidential consideration please send cover letter, resume, and names of three professional references to the address above.