Help Desk Technician – Weekend/Evening Shift
Mount Mary is seeking an individual to contribute to the realization of our mission through the role of part time, Help Desk Technician.
Position Hours: 4pm-10pm, Monday -Thursday; Reduced Summer hours; additional weekend hours as needed.
Major/Essential Duties of the Job:
• Provide extended after hours Help Desk Support for faculty, staff and students.
• Responsible for inbound telephone calls, e-mails and walk-ins for IT support from students and employees of the College
• Assist customers with password resets via Microsoft Active Directory
• Assist with configuration of wireless devices and printers, as necessary
• Assist faculty with classroom technology as appropriate (projectors, document cameras, DVD players etc.)
• Troubleshoot and resolve minor computer issues (primarily Windows environment, but Macs are supported)
• Resolve open Help Desk trouble tickets (which can be completed without assistance)
• Assist the technicians with assigned tasks as needed
• Associate’s degree with at least two years of related work experience
• If applicants don't have on-the-job experience, Technical College or University IT experience required
• Experience in an educational environment desirable
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Windows operating system (XP/7), familiarity with Apple devices
• Ability to learn proprietary applications
• Excellent customer service skills and strong written / verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of basic network functions
• Comfort/ability working with Microsoft Active Directory
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and complete tasks in a timely manner
Mount Mary University practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace.