HEAD BASKETBALL COACH/ASSISTANT ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
Mount Mary College is currently seeking an individual to contribute to our mission through the role of Basketball Coach/Assistant Athletic Director. This position is a 12-month, full-time appointment reporting directly to the Director of Athletics. Mount Mary is a member of NCAA Division III and the Association of Independents.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the senior management team within the Athletic Department and the Division of Student Affairs.
- As Head Basketball Coach administer and organize all facets of the women’s basketball program, including but not limited to; practice and game organization, travel arrangements, recruiting, scheduling and budgeting.
- Manage the Bloechl Recreation Center; a 25,000 square foot on-campus athletic/recreational facility that includes a full-size gymnasium, training room, locker rooms, concessions, and fitness/aerobic center
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate student staff and managing of the Bloechl Center, Caroline Gym and fitness center
- Develop and manage a plan for facility rentals of the Bloechl Center, Caroline Gym and outdoor fields; including events and activities when facilities are not in use for campus activities as a means of revenue for the College
- Advise the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), including bi-monthly meetings, fundraising, community service and hosting events.
- Compliance with all NCAA Division III rules and regulations (including but not limited to) academic, drug, tobacco, alcohol use, amateurism, and scheduling regulations. Serious NCAA violations could result in dismissal;
- Other duties as assigned.
: Bachelor’s degree with varsity head coach at high school or collegiate coaching experience required. Master’s degree and collegiate coaching and/or administrative experience preferred. Exceptional organizational, management, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, along with computer skills are required. Applicants should support the values and mission of a Catholic women’s college.
Mount Mary College practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace.