Mount Mary is seeking an individual to contribute to the realization of our mission through the role of Director of Information Technology.
This is a full-time administrative position, reporting to and supervised by the Chief Financial Officer. The person holding this position will have the primary responsibility for and supervision of the Information Technology Department, both administrative and academic.
- Systems Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Client Services Coordinator
- Computer Technicians
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In consultation with the President's Council and the office of the Chief Financial Officer, establish the campus computing philosophy and architecture.
- Provide vision in evaluating and recommending emerging technologies which are relevant to the instructional and administrative needs of the University.
- Plan and supervise the implementation and maintenance of all campus computing in conformance with University philosophy and architecture.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of Computer Services personnel.
- Provide consulting, advice and assistance to University departments both academic and administrative, related to their needs, approve software and hardware choices to assure conformance to overall university philosophy and architecture.
- Supervise the configuration, operation and maintenance and support of the Jenzabar administrative system.
- Provide hands-on assistance to Computer Services Personnel in carrying out their respective tasks.
- Supervise the configuration, operation, maintenance and support of the campus network.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication and dialogue with user departments.
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with vendors to support Computer Services activities.
- Develop, prepare, direct and control the Computer Services budget with consultation of appropriate faculty, staff and administrators.
- Maintain and allow for appropriate and controlled access to the campus systems.
- Participate in and/or chair Computer Services related committees.
- Assist in scheduling, support and maintenance of academic facilities used for computer service classrooms and labs.
- Ensure documentation of all programs, programming changes, reports and products and procedures developed within the Computer Services Department.
- Advise User Departments on available documentation as well as recommended documentation in their respective departments.
- Administer and maintain the ongoing operation of the e-mail and Internet systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Effective written and oral communication skills necessary for maintaining effective relationships with the entire school community.
- Knowledge and understanding of organizational relationships associated with complex coordinating, consulting and operational relationships, particularly management, educational, administrative, logistical and operational control.
- The ability to function in a combined Computer Center environment; managing assigned personnel and other resources.
- Proven knowledge of hardware and software requirements of a complex organization; the ability to translate administrative and academic needs into appropriate support programs; and the ability to resolve problems effectively.
Mount Mary University
- Possess a minimum of a Master of Science degree, Computer Science or related area preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a management position supervising an information technology department.
practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace. For confidential consideration please send cover letter, resume, and names of three professional references to the address above.