Mount Mary University is currently seeking an individual to contribute to our mission through the role of Director of Athletics and Recreation. This position is a 12-month, full-time appointment reporting directly to the Dean of Student Affairs. Mount Mary University is a member of NCAA Division III and the Association of Independents.
DIRECT REPORTS: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, Athletic Trainer, Assistant AD, Sports Information, student workers
Athletic Director reports to Dean of Students Affairs
- Develop and implement strategic goals of athletic department to assist in the overall mission and identity of institution;
- Supervision of all athletics department coaches and staff;
- Coordinate with Assistant Athletic Director rental facility needs and fitness center operations;
- Supervision of all home game management operations;
- Implement athletic recruitment strategy developed to enhance student athlete enrollment and retention per institutional mission and goals;
- Monitor and maintain budgets of athletic administration, sport programs and recreation programs;
- As members of NCAA Division III and the Association of Independents of Division III, observe and comply with all rules and regulations;
- Provide guidance and professional development for coaching staff and enhancement of student-athletes experience;
- Assist head coaches in game scheduling of athletic programs, travel arrangements, etc.
- Coordinate game scheduling with assigners for official/referee/umpires for home events
- Increase stability in department staffing and game management to increase opportunity for conference membership affiliation;
- Develop fundraising opportunities with rental groups, local businesses, civic groups, alumna and create booster organization;
- Create and promote activities and environment to increase attendance support at athletic events;
- Provide, assist and represent the vision, identity, and goals of Mount Mary University and the NCAA;
- Educate Mount Mary university campus faculty, staff, administrators and students about athletics;
- Create positive and complete intercollegiate student athlete experience
Bachelor's degree required; master's degree in university student personnel, physical education, education, or related field preferred. Collegiate coaching experience required; administrative experience in a post-secondary setting preferred. Exceptional organizational, management, leadership, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills are required. Applicants should support the values and mission of a Catholic women’s university.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer-service with a friendly attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to problem solve and motivate others.
- Detail-oriented, able to take direction, demonstrate initiative and work well independently.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be well-organized and detail oriented.