Mount Mary University is seeking an innovative and dynamic accounting professional to provide management and leadership in performing the accounting and financial activities of the university.
The Director of Accounting and Treasurer (Director) will be responsible for leading and managing the accounting activities of the university. The director supervises the Business Office which includes Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Billing, Payroll, and Accounting. In will provide support in insuring that the accounting records are maintained in accordance with GAAP, effective controls are maintained, that the university uses its resources effectively and efficiently, and that excellent customer services is provided.
The successful candidate must be committed to continuous improvement and perform the following duties:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Perform compliance and operational audits
- Oversee the treasure management function for the university and prepare cash projections
- Monitor the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Provide pre and post-award grant administration and reporting
- Perform cost and financial analysis
- Oversee the purchasing function and train personnel on best purchasing practices
- Provide support in preparing all of the audit documents financial statements, and accompanying notes
- Perform zero-based budgeting, monitor and analyze budget variance, and prepare cash projections
- Oversee all daily operations related to financial transactions, and insure that they are performed in accordance with GAAP
- Work internal departments and external partners in collecting information and providing assistance with all accounting and reporting needs.
Mount Mary University
- Bachelor degree with concentration in accounting
- MBA or MS in Accountancy
- 5-7 years of experience in higher education
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Jenzabar desirable
- Committed to excellence in performance
- Service oriented
practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace.