Mount Mary University is currently seeking an individual to contribute to the realization of our mission through the role of Department Assistant. This is a full time position, with working hours of 8:00am-4:30pm, 4 days per week and 9:30am-6:00pm one day; some evenings and Saturdays required.
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Registrar, the department assistant provides a variety of support duties for the Registrar and Assistant Registrar. This department assistant's major responsibilities are to provide customer service to persons contacting the office by telephone, email and in person, maintain and enter data into the college database, and to track and provide academic transcripts for current and former students.
The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be extremely attentive to detail, and be experienced in working in an online environment to assist faculty and students with the database interface.
- To utilize National Student Clearinghouse to serve students as regards lenders, insurance companies, transcript ordering and general problem solving
- To produce transcripts in a timely and accurate manner, use the online ordering service, and maintain and organize archived files
- To process online registrations and changes in registrations and to resolve discrepancies regarding inquiries about registrations.
- To learn and implement academic policies pertaining to registration procedures.
- To answer and redirect phone calls that come to the Office of the Registrar via the one published outside telephone line for the office
- To maintain hardcopy student record files, including archived files
- To assist at special events including graduation and new student registrations
- This position can expand in responsibilities depending on the abilities of the person who is the successful candidate
- High School diploma required
- Excellent customer service skills including problem solving skills
- Commitment to growing and learning in a changing environment and a commitment to teamwork
- The ability and willingness to learn and understand academic policies that pertain to the Office of the Registrar.
- Above average skill in Word and Intermediate Excel
- Willingness to learn the college administrative software
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment