The Fashion Department at Mount Mary University seeks applications for a full time, 9-month tenure track Assistant Professor
with appointment to begin Spring 2014. Preference will be a proven record with effective studio instruction, excellent skills in patternmaking & apparel construction and the ability to help students execute their design ideas.
- Teach undergraduate courses in beginning and advanced patternmaking and construction
- Work as a team member in developing curriculum, recruiting students, and representing the department
- Foster industry relationships and develop cooperative projects within the curriculum
- Actively engage in creative scholarship in the department, at the University and in the profession
- Serve on department and University committees
- Advise and mentor undergraduate majors
Education and Experience:
About the University:
- Terminal degree, preferred MFA or MS (or a foreign degree equivalent) and relevant experience in fashion design related field
- Excellent skills in patternmaking & apparel construction
- Experience in computer aided patternmaking (Optitex preferred)
- Excellent communincation skills
Mount Mary University is a Catholic women’s university located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The University provides an environment for the development of the whole person. A diverse learning community works in partnership with local, national, and global organizations to educate women to transform the world by encouraging leadership, integrity, and a deep sense of social justice. Mount Mary commits itself to excellence in teaching and learning with an emphasis on thinking critically.
About the Department:
The Fashion Department is part of the Art and Design division and currently serves 150 majors. The curriculum integrates professional course work with a liberal arts core. The Fashion Design major allows for a concentration in either creative design or technical design; the merchandise management major includes a business administration minor. The apparel product development major is known for its blending of sophisticated but marketable design with high technical standards.
Review of applications will commence June 12, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled.