Mount Mary University is currently seeking an individual to contribute to the realization of our mission through the role of Assistant Athletic Director. The primary task is to collaborate with the Director of Athletics to strengthen the athletics program in the areas of budgeting, revenue, recruiting, retention and development. Coaching a sport is an additional component to the position. Our current sports include Basketball, Volleyball, Cross Country, Softball, Soccer and Tennis.
This position is a 12-month, full-time appointment within the Division of Student Affairs, reporting directly to the Director of Athletics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the senior management team within the Athletic Department and the Division of Student Affairs. To include the support of the Mount University mission and the philosophy of NCAA Division III athletics
- Provide support and guidance to head coaches to help them reach recruiting and retention goals.
- Assist in budget planning, fundraising and development activities within the strategic direction of the University’s Development Office.
- Manage the Bloechl Recreation Center, a 25,000 square foot on-campus athletic/recreational facility that includes a full-size gymnasium, training room, locker rooms, concessions, and fitness/aerobic center
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate student staff and managing of the concessions area and fitness center
- Develop and manage a plan for rental of the Bloechl Center and outdoor fields, including special events when facilities are not in use for campus activities as a means of revenue for the College
- Market, coordinate, and direct all Summer Camp activities utilizing the Bloechl Center
- Provide coaching or assist coaching. Coaching responsibilities include recruitment of student-athletes, scheduling competition, practices and team travel planning, budget development, and skill development within the NCAA Division III philosophy.
- Advise the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), by attending bi-monthly meetings and guiding efforts to organize fundraising, community service and hospitality events.
- Assist in compliance with all NCAA regulations (including but not limited to) academic, drug, tobacco, alcohol use, amateurism, and scheduling regulations, reporting any possible infraction to the Athletic Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred. Must have experience within a collegiate athletic environment as a coach or student-athlete. Strong organizational, management, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, along with computer skills are required. Candidates should possess initiative, creativity, collegiality, and enjoy collaborating with a diverse population. Applicants should support the values and mission of a Catholic women’s college.
Mount Mary University
practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace. For confidential consideration please send cover letter, resume, and names of three professional references to the address above.