Mount Mary University is seeking an individual to contribute to the realization of our mission through the role of part time Administrative Assistant for the Office of Advising.
Under the direction of the Director of Advising, this individual is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties including database usage, daily phone, in-person and electronic communication with students and faculty. The ideal candidate will have a positive, professional attitude with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Respond to and/or direct all visitors, phone calls, email communications and department requests in a timely manner
- Assist with event planning and coordination, such as MMU Majors Fair, New Student Registration programs, and various advising workshops
- Assist with coordination of room reservations, room set up and food service orders for department functions
- Assist Director with advisor training and materials
- Schedule appointments for student advising and faculty meetings
- Update and manage advising website and curriculum guides
- Assist with running simple reports on Jenzabar software program
- Maintain inventory for office supplies and process requisition forms for payments to Business Office
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with students and staff
- Ability to multi-task and manage a variety of duties with excellent organizational skills a plus
Mount Mary University
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and prioritize work
- Commitment to learning the Jenzabar database software
- Detail oriented, professional attitude
- Experience in higher education strongly preferred
practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace. For confidential consideration please send cover letter, resume, and names of three professional references to the address above.