Dean’s Office - Social Sciences, Business and Education
Dean’s Office - Humanities
Mount Mary University is seeking one individual to contribute to the realization of our mission through the role of part time Administrative Assistant. This position will provide administrative and technical support to the Dean for Social Sciences, Business and Education and Dean for Humanities by performing a wide variety of clerical or specialized business functions and job-related duties to ensure the efficient operation of the related academic schools.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Greet and direct students, faculty, staff and visitors to the offices as needed.
- Work in a team environment with all academic departments within the Schools of Social Sciences, Business and Education, and Humanities.
- Handle face to face, email and telephone inquiries and issues related to functioning of the Schools.
- Work with confidential student, faculty and administrative information.
- Work with academic and market data related to School Departments to assist in preparation of various reports.
- Perform bookkeeping functions to include processing requisitions filing paperwork and monitoring budgets.
- Arrange and coordinate facilities/rooms and media/technical equipment, catering or other special requests for meetings and events.
- Assist Deans with maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings.
- Be familiar with Jenzebar Ex to access student information.
- Assist with updating School websites.
- Prepare and track financial, narrative and/or other reports as requested.
- Process adjunct faculty employment agreements for the Schools and work with HR to ensure a seamless process for new employees.
- Work with School Deans and Department Chairs to coordinate full-time faculty searches and interviews.
- Compose memorandums, letters and e-mails to Mount Mary University community and external constituencies.
- Organize and prioritize information for Deans including retrieving mail from the campus post-office.
- Order, stock and maintain office supplies.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned and special projects, varying in responsibility.
Mount Mary University
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Three to four years of experience in a higher education environment.
- Sincere desire to assist students; strong customer service orientation.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written), organizational, and administrative skills.
- Experience in office management; attention to detail; demonstrate flexible and efficient time management
- Ability to utilize current computing technologies including Jenzebar, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, databases, and minor web development utilizing Microsoft Office.
- Commitment to working as a team member and working with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with other University departments and divisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility in working in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and occasional emotionally charged situation
practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace.