Adjunct Instructor Positions- Interior Design- Mount Mary University
Mount Mary University
Starting Salary Range:
3-6 years total in the professional sector and academic sector
Required Security Clearance:
Education - College/University, Design - Interior and Arts
Adjunct Position 1:
Computer Aided Drafting
Course Description: Introduces use of computer-aided drafting for interior design application. Hands-on AutoCAD (current release) for Windows based PCs, digitizer, and various printing devices utilized. Course will include information on basic drafting skills and techniques, as well as an introduction to construction document production. Course will also introduce the basics of Photoshop and other Adobe products. First of two courses on AutoCAD. Pre-req for additional courses in Google Sketch-up and REVIT.
Adjunct Position 2:
Textiles and Finish Materials
Course Description: Analyzes basic elements of fabric, fibers, yarns, fabrication methods, and other interior finishes. Finishes that will be explored include materials use for floors, walls, ceilings, architectural features, and furniture application. Course will include the exploration of textiles, metals, wood, stone, concrete, gypsum, plaster, brick, ceramics, glazing, paint, and plastics. Course content will explore the interrelationship of these components and their impact on performance related to consumer and
professional decision making, as well as environmental impact. Course includes speakers and field trips.
- Masters in Interior Design or Architecture. Masters in related field and/or practicing certified/licensed professional (Interior Designer/Architect) will be considered
- NCIDQ certification preferred
- LEED certification preferred for Textiles and Finish Materials Course
- AutoCAD version 2013 (min.) and Adobe programs required for Computer Aided Drafting Course
- Evidence of professional industry experience required
- Previous teaching experience required (Adjunct must be prepared to perform all academic duties with limited support from senior faculty members)
- Understanding of CIDA standards (or similar) and how to effectively implement them into curriculum content
- Ability to teach the design process from start to finish with college level students
- Ability to challenge students in critical and creative thinking for form and content
- Ability to advance students’ communication skills through course format
Review of materials will start immediately and continue until position is filled. Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply, please submit
About Mount Mary University
- Letter of application- applicants may apply for one or both positions, please designate in the cover letter which position is of interest
- Resume/Curriculum vitae
- Copies of all academic transcripts
- Certification of any non-academic professional development
- Electronic portfolio by CD, jumpdrive and/or website link
- Teaching philosophy
- List of contact information for three references- recommendation letters are welcomed, but not required at this time
- SASE for return of materials, if desired
Mount Mary University, an urban Catholic university for women, sponsored by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, provides an environment for the development of the whole person. The University encourages leadership, integrity, and a deep sense of social justice arising from a sensitivity to moral values and Christian principles.
Mount Mary commits itself to excellence in teaching and learning with an emphasis on thinking critically and creatively. The baccalaureate curriculum integrates the liberal arts with career preparation for women of diverse ages and personal circumstances; the programs at the graduate level provide opportunities for both men and women to enhance their professional excellence.
Mount Mary University is recognized as a diverse learning community that works in partnership with local, national and global organizations to educate women to transform the world.
Mount Mary University
practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace. For confidential consideration please send cover letter, resume, and names of three professional references to
Mount Mary University
2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway
Milwaukee, WI 53222-4597