Counselor (Integrated Marketing/Communications)
The job may be located in either Waukesha, Wisconsin or Waterloo, Iowa.
Primary Purpose of this Position:
Responsible for building and maintaining good client relationships, to develop programs that are high quality, cost-effective and timely. Two areas of particular interest are those applicants who have experience in the swine or cattle industries.
- Maintain direct, day-to-day, senior level contact
- Direct the activities of account team to ensure proper service to clients
- Work in a proactive manner to provide clients’ marketing plans with the greatest amount of value added through communications
- Involve research department as early as possible to assure plans and programs meet client needs
- Analyze client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc., to produce full communications plans
- Devise communications strategy
- Brief creative and media staff in support of account team
- Ensure technical and product representations are appropriate
- Provide creative, production, media and interactive department personnel with well-documented input support data and production materials as required; ensure that strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients and understood by the creative and media groups
- In the absence of creative and media personnel, present and effectively sell communications plans, concepts, media and interactive marketing plans to clients; where creative and media personnel are present, support them in selling concepts and plans
- Provide client with budget updates
- Keep appraised of all relevant client, industry and market developments
- Coordinate and authorize quotations for client approval
- Assist in preparation of client invoices
- Check and approve copy, design and production art and coordinate client approval of same
- Ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel
- Write client contact reports; review important developments with relevant account executives and director of client services
New Business Development:
- Seek out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and play a supportive role in their development
- Keep accurate time and expense records
- Ensure that overall account revenues meet agency goals
- Develop account team
- Represent the agency at industry functions – promote the agency at every opportunity. Be fully familiar with agency credentials and specialties.
- Continuously work to upgrade knowledge and skills through available reading, courses and seminars
- College degree in communications, journalism, public relations, advertising or a related business program (agriculture, food, financial services, technology)
- 5-10 years position specific PR experience
- Familiarity with position specific issues and trends
- Print and broadcast media knowledge
- Comfort with new technologies/electronic communications
- Possess strong writing and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational abilities, utilizing personal skills, other people and
- Some experience in account team management and control of client budgets
- Possess an excellent client service attitude
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively with them. Must be able to handle occasional high stress situations.
Special Working Conditions:
Work in a typical office setting. Some traveling required.