Independent Care Health Plan (iCare) is a specialized managed care program for persons with disabilities age 19 and older. The company began in 1994 with a three year federal grant from the Health Care Financing Authority (now known as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid or CMS). The purpose of the grant was to research if managed care could work for persons with disabilities. Independent Care Health Plan provides access to medical, dental, behavioral health, vision, prescription drug coverage, and social services through a unique care management model. The mission of iCare is to improve the quality of life for individuals with unique and complex medical, behavioral, and human service needs while providing value to our customers and stakeholders, and respecting the dignity of those we serve.
Independent Care Health Plan is a joint venture arrangement of Humana Wisconsin Health Organization Insurance Corporation and the Milwaukee Center for Independence (MCFI). iCare is proud to offer a diverse work environment where people of all backgrounds and cultures bring innovative solutions to our members unique needs. As talented individuals working to our common goal, our differences shape our strength.
All full-time employees are eligible for outstanding benefits including:
- Medical Insurance - 80% of premium paid High Deductible, 75% PPO
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance/Optional Supplemental Life Insurance
- Company Paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Holidays - 9
- Flexible Spending Account
- 3 weeks paid time off first year, 4 weeks years 2-5, 5 weeks thereafter
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- In-Services, Committees and Workshops
- Free Parking
- Wellness Activities
- Massages and Reflexology on company premises
It is the policy of Independent Health Care Plan as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer to recruit, hire, and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, genetics, national origin, age, handicap or status as a special disabled veteran or any other status protected by law.