Location(s):12660 W North Ave
Industry:Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals / Medical
Rent-A-Daughter, LLC is a non-medical home care agency. Since 1985 we have been providing older and convalescing adults with the personalized care they need to remain independent.
We live up to our name of Daughter by honoring our clients’ individual needs and concerns. With our care, older adults can choose to remain in the comfort of their own homes. Our personal attention is also beneficial for someone living in a nursing or group facility as we enhance daily activity by providing companionship and a means of independent mobility.
When your family needs help caring for your loved one, please call our family of caregivers. Like you, we’ll provide care from the heart.
Caring is our foundation, the very heart of our company. Helga Willett founded Rent-A-Daughter in 1985 after her personal experience of not being able to locate a personal caregiver to help her convalescing mother who was living in a different city. Under Ms. Willett's direction, Rent-A-Daughter became well-known for consistent, quality care. Ms. Willett led the company until her retirement in 2001 when Rob & Jean Henke took ownership.
Today, Rob and Jean have continued the Rent-A-Daughter tradition of providing exceptional care. Rob, former president of a senior living community, has dedicated much of his professional life to assuring that the dignity of seniors is maintained. Together he and Jean are devoted to helping older adults remain as independent as possible. They also realize it is not easy to seek assistance or trust another to care for your loved one. That is why Rob and Jean are committed to making sure that every client is treated with the respect and love they would give their own family members. It is this very commitment that sets Rent-A-Daughter apart from other care providers.
Caregiving programs are created through a combination of services from four major areas:
* Personal and hygiene care
* Nutritious meal preparation
* Personal and household shopping
* Assistance to outside appointments
* Light housekeeping
* Laundry, mending, etc.
* Encouraging physical and mental activities
* Confirming medications are taken
* Personal requests: letter writing, etc.
* Respite care for family relief
* A shorter visit (about 1 hour in length). Frequently requested to assist a client with bathing and/or dressing for day or evening
* Strictly light housekeeping tasks with no other caregiving services
* Stop-in visits to check on the well-being of an older adult in a hospital or nursing home
* Overseeing and coordinating all outside caring services for an older adult
* Supervising household books and expenses